Business Technical Analyst — Full-time position, M-F
Our Information and Technology Services Division has a full-time opening for a Business Technical Analyst. The role of the Business Technical Analyst is to oversee the business unit’s IT needs throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and to facilitate two way communication between ITS and the business unit.
· Serve as liaison between the Retirement Planning Services (RPS), Marketing & Business Development (MDB), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team and ITS staff on a daily basis to ensure the business technical needs are documented, understood, and delivered. Meet with the divisional BA weekly to report on open D&D work, learn of upcoming divisional initiatives, and identify potential issues. Escalate potential problems to D&D Design Manager.
· Serve as ITS functional expert for RPS, CRM and MDB to ensure business process knowledge is understood as it relates to the technology ITS supports. Partner with the divisional BA to ensure process documentation is understood and current.
· Gather and define business requirements, process flows, and business rules as new projects and change requests are initiated by the business units by interviewing the divisional BA to develop complete functional specifications necessary for the developers to successfully complete their task list and estimate the project. Ensure that the request is necessary, solution is feasible, and scope of work is aligned with ITS security standards. Utilize expertise and Application Developers (as needed) to recommend enhancements to original requirements that provide greater benefits or reduced costs. Resolve issues through divisional BAs, escalating to D&D Software Design Manager, asf necessary.
· Review business requirements and create technical designs for all Projects and MCRs. This would include, but is not limited to, UI wireframes and logic behind them as well as detailed designs for ETL.
· Review all production incidents as they are created to ensure they are replicatable and work with divisional BA on prioritization. For incidents requiring a rapid response, work with DD manager to get it assigned to a developer for resolution.
· SQAA Testing initiatives within DD. Create test plans and test documents for all projects, MCR, and incidents related to divisional responsibilities. Perform Software Quality Assurance Analysts duties for all projects, MCR, and incidents.
· Complete required project documentation to track project progress, create allocations, and understand prior development. On a daily basis, update project statuses. On a weekly basis, enter project work log notes and time spent.
· Complete special projects, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelors degree
· 3-5 years experience as a Business Technical Analyst
· 3-5 years creating functional/technical designs
· 3-5 years creating logical process flows
· 3+ years experience developing test plans, test scripts and preforming testing on system enhancements and incidents, including stress testing and regression testing.
· Proficient in data modeling
· Strong proficiency in data analysis using SQL and other data analysis tools
· Experience in at least one programming language
· Experience working with developers
· Ability to document
· Aptitude to provide excellent customer service, will face external clients.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and professionalism.
· DXC Point experience or similar Property/Casualty platform experience strongly preferred.
· Database querying skills are a must.
MUST have prior testing experience and able to plan out and document testing procedures.