The selected candidate will join a team of professionals who are responsible for deploying changes and Project related changes submitted by the design and engineering team in data and voice network infrastructure.
This person will deploy changes following the bank standards and procedures using Network Tools, including but not limited to: adding information to and/or implementing changes into or out of the bank’s network. E.g. changing the vLAN to making switch configuration changes, performing router installs/de-installs, changing the configuration of switches, routers, and firewalls — add/modify/disable/delete rules, command line changes, Voice/Data/WiFi implementations, and compliance turnover testing.
There are also paperwork oriented tasks, including opening change requests, improving
/ updating procedural documents, and transitioning post change to support documentation involved in the role.
The Deploy resource roles and responsibilities will be performed in conjunction with a team, including release managers and engineers as well as partners, carriers, and vendors to deliver on projects. Qualified candidate will be involved with 10-15 small to large scale projects at a time.
Projects range from people moves (Floor to Floor / Building to Building), working with an extra net partners, new branch / banking center, decommissioning branch / banking centers, currency refreshes, and compliance remediation.
In the support portion of the role, this person will be engaged to assist in resolution for complex technical issues as they arise and for projects they were involved.
The selected candidate will interact with the lines of business, vendors and internal staff for all assigned projects in order to meet objectives.
Work hours will vary. Most changes in this environment are performed during specified change windows at night and over the weekend.
Must Have Skills and experience:
Cisco CCNA and/or CCNP is desired (but not required).
Working Knowledge / Experience with the following is required:
– Hands on configuration of Cisco routers, Cisco switches, and Juniper Firewalls;
– Upgrading code and/or configuring 2960, 3650, 3750, 3800, 3900, 6500 or similar model switches.
– Upgrading code and/or configuring 1800, 2800, 3800, and ASR1000, ASR1002 or similar model routers.
– Upgrading Junos OS code and/or configuring SRX 240, 650, 1400 or current models
– Knowledge familiarity with BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, L3-7 switching, HSRP, VoIP and Multicast
Working knowledge/experience with:
– Carrier / Telco MPLS, OC3, DS3, T1, PRI, POTS (experience is required.)
– Configuring and/or provisioning of various WAN technologies including MPLS, point-to-point, and VPN.
– Active Directory, LDAP, and/or Web architecture is a plus.
– Network Tools – NSM, SPACE, STRM, Tufin, Lotus Notes (WorkTrack), Remedy, etc.
– Proficient in the use of the NetScout Infinistream product line is a plus.
– Network security physical and logical standards are desired and security experience with IPSec, NAT, VPN modules, implemented on Cisco routers and Checkpoint/Juniper firewalls.
– Understanding of ITIL standards as they relate to incident/problem/change management is desired.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must possess the ability to work independently, be highly organized, effectively direct or influence others and ensure that significant design issues and compliance challenges are resolved in a timely manner.
Must have good working knowledge of Office, Visio, and Network Tools.
Weekly time/progress reports and timely escalations to management.
< Back To All Jobs