Our Client’s Enterprise Endpoint Engineering team is looking for a motivated, self-starter to assist with our virtual desktop infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, specifically providing end user support and creating new solutions. Motivation to own and drive issue to a resolution is key. Someone who can keep a pulse on technologies that may or may not be included in our client’s DNA. Must be proactive and seek opportunities for efficiencies, value-adds, and opportunities to enhance the end user experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the Citrix environment including patching, configuration changes, and documentation
- Support our end users break/fix requests, looking for trending issues and creating automated solutions.
- Proactively improve the Citrix environment, from the infrastructure to the end user experience.
- Create new solutions, implementing best practices and security controls in collaboration with other team members and security teams.
- Create, manage, and document standard processes and solutions
- Taking part in upgrading and updating the systems applications, installing it with up-to-date descriptions.
- Help in organization and management of the business applications.
- Taking full control and accountability for applying, implementing, maintaining, and examining the documentation of the Citrix Infrastructure.
- Participate in on call rotation for Citrix related outages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be an adaptable self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must keep up to date on current technology trends
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience creating and deploying solutions in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.15 and higher.
- Experience working in a large-scale Citrix infrastructure.
- Experience with Citrix App Layering and Citrix Profile Management
- Experience monitoring and maintaining Citrix NetScalers
- Proficient scripting skills, preferably PowerShell
- Working knowledge of Windows 10 and support services (AD, GPO, DNS, Firewalls, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Windows management tools such as SCCM and Workspace ONE
- Experience with Service NOW incidents and requests
- Working knowledge of certificate management process
- Experience with tools such as Director, Citrix Studio, and Venafi
- Familiarity with SysTrack or other monitoring tools
- Multi-site experience
- 5+ years of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop experience.
- Previous experience in a leadership role is a plus.