Responsible for directing companies IT governance, IT operations and Indirect Sourcing capabilities across programs and vendors. Ensures successful partnerships that fulfill the goal initiatives of the strategic plan. Authorizes and establishes governance processes and instills the terms of the new agreements in the department’s daily work. Consults with executive management to influence the organizational development surrounding vendor partnerships and resource allocation. Implements the processes and manages all negotiations pertaining to new software purchases. Oversees the operational staff in creation of Statements of Work (SOW’s) under the agreements of evolving service partnerships and ensures that the budget is maintained and supports goals.
Defines policies and tactical goals and objectives; directs strategy implementation for IT and Indirect Sourcing. Provides operational leadership for IT and Indirect Sourcing to align with Corporate strategic plans. Assists executives in defining short and long-term strategic needs for the function, and generally works through multiple management levels.
Responsibilities (May perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned).
- Establishes and maintains vendor governance processes and implementation. Establishes a regular cadence, creates standing and flexible agendas, and ensures relevant materials are ready for review.
- Directs IT Managers and subject-matter experts on creating Statements of Work (SOW). Leads operational IT managers on the creation of additional SOW’s that fulfill agreements, including negotiating improved terms. Ensures SOW’s reflect all aspects of required work to fulfill business objectives.
- Leads the assessment and targeted reduction of indirect spend across the entire organization. Executes strategic sourcing projects, leads vendor negotiation and selection, and optimizes contracts to secure products and services at the lowest total cost of ownership, while satisfying business unit needs. Employs non-traditional bidding techniques for more complex categories.
- Negotiates and revises agreements on an ongoing basis in alignment with strategic IT objectives.
- Educates IT leadership on the contents of service agreements and the implications for them. Ensures agreement compliance. Appraises progress and raises issues and risks with agreements and implementation.
- Controls and audits financial activities related to IT agreements
- Assesses accounting operations to implement improvements in processes and efficiencies.
- Manages overall IT budgets and forecasts, including capital and expense. Manages IT component small equipment purchasing and invoicing, including receipts from customers.
- Creates vision for IT processes. Evolves IT governance processes to integrate the strategic initiative work and the new vendor governance processes. Evolves SLA’s to continuously increase quality.
- Influences actions and policy making at the highest levels. Makes decisions and recommendations that have a significant long-term impact.
- Applies expert business knowledge and comprehensive understanding of functions/areas/local norms to integrate, forecast, or plan actionable strategies.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology, risk management or business or equivalent work experience.
- MBA or master’s degree in Technology preferred.
- 12 or more years of experience, preferably in technology, project management, compliance, purchasing and/or vendor management.
- At least 7 years of management experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates advanced leadership skills to forge positive interpersonal relationships.
- Has advanced negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses thorough understanding of master service agreements and statements of work.