This is a Senior Java role with some leadership thrown in. This role will work closely with leadership to help with the AWS migration. There are two crew applications in this: front end platform – flight ops use this/crew alerts which allows them to see when a crew member might call in sick, or need a replacement etc. AND back end platform – three phase project, migrate from scratch, replace the mainframe application etc.
This system is programmed to run reports and alerts for the crew on their hours, breaks required, etc.
There are a lot of contractors on this team, specifically through Tata. This person will help in a tech lead type of way, working with management to solve problems and gather the team, etc.
They will be utilizing tools such as Kafka, EC2, EKS, Java, Angular JS
- AWS (prefer someone that has done a migration but this is not required) – need to understand configurations, the components, Lambda functions etc.
- Java – messaging, compute
- Working with vendor resources
- Soft skills are important for this manager
- Angular JS
- Responsible for consultation to the internal and/or external customer
- Possess expertise in the customer area they supports and has technical understanding of the business unit’s systems, capabilities, and respective technologies
- Analyze customer processes and requirements
- Prepare specified project documentation according to company standards
- Assist in business process redesign as needed
- Maintain communication with customer and team members and promote a team environment
- Works/Consults across multiple projects; functions as a project leader
- Works on complex projects that require subject matter expertise
- Provides direction, tools, and process support to less senior employees
- Works independently
- Makes decisions within guidelines & policy
- Is accountable for projects or programs with low to moderate risk and resource requirements
- Projects may have enterprise impact
- Plan and Design solutions after Requirements are gathered
- Create complex workflow models and process maps independently directly from a defined spec sheet
- Facilitate meetings with Technology and Business Leaders to develop needs and requirements
- Develops standard process solutions
- Develops improvement and enhancement to current solutions
- Create and facilitate training programs and knowledge articles
- Understanding of business principles (i.e. Operations)
- Develops solutions to existing problems/issues
- Develops compliance and adherence to principles
- Consults with business managers
- Develops project scope
- Translates business requirements to technical requirements
- Creates service level agreements
- BS/BA, preferably in Information Technology or Business or equivalent experience, education, or training
- 5 or more years IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training
- 3+ or more years of experience leading Small to Medium Development teams
- 4+ or more years of experience in application design, development, and implementation.
- 4+ years of strong experience developing application code and unit tests in Java, Spring (Boot, Data, Batch, Security)
- Technologies, and RESTful web services, Microservices, Messaging Architectures and RDBMS
- BE, BW, JBoss, Spring, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Multi-threaded Architecture.
- Able to work with distributed teams (onshore and offshore).
- Couchbase or other NOSQL Database
- Linux, TeamCity a plus.
- Strong ability to apply standard processes and design patterns while developing code.
- Strong object-oriented design skills and the ability to analyze requirements and transform into scalable software designs using patterns and standard processes
- Strong knowledge of deploying the application to WebSphere and Tomcat
- Proficiency with Git, CI-CD practices.
- Communication Skills- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication
- Integrity and Trust – Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Teamwork – Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments
- Technical Expertise – Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position