Overview: Manage & Coordinate the release of changes into production through a standard procedure designed to minimize risk to existing services. The selected candidate will be working on the BOTW ATM migration project.
• Create release plans/trackers/schedules, and coordinate contents of the release package
• Create roll-back and recovery plans
• Create release packages and prepare for deployment
• Evaluate and communicate any expected impact to service levels due to release
• Manage & Coordinate promotion/release into production
• Communicate release progress through success (or reasons for rollback)
• Evaluate release management performance based on established criteria (e.g., elapsed time, level of automation, percentage of successful on-time releases, etc.)
• Manage & Coordinate ‘go/no-go’ release decision making
• Facilitate, request to raise, and record change requests; and submit standard intake for PM, Info Sec., partners; and/or additional resources when appropriate.
• Manage/Coordinate/Facilitate Network team members and/or 3rd party vendors for releases
• Manage/Coordinate to the Project Assessment, network design, timelines, the budget, quotes execution, and change order requests
• Participation in the development of Project Plan in respect to Network solution delivery (with PMO when appropriate)
• Track NS financials through the life cycle of the project
The Release Manager will confirm all action items and resources responsible (US/INTL Deploy, Firewall Management & Deployment, Engineering, Hostmaster, Bell, AT&T, Partners, etc.) for said to action items; are on the same page and available at the time of the coordinated change window.
This is true for Network Only changes and testing (aka Pass-through) and changes co-coordinated with PMO (Tech PM) programs or projects.
Release Managers will interact with the bank lines of business, SME, COEs, LOBs, PMO, vendors, carriers, and internal Network staff for all assigned projects in order to meet objectives. Work hours will vary. Most changes in the bank environment are performed during specified change windows at night and over the weekend.
PLEASE NOTE: “On call 24×7 coverage”, etc., for most teams required (or possibly required) for changes (Hostmaster, Engineering, Firewall Deployment, Network Automation / Tools, Bell, AT&T, etc.) CAN NOT be ad hoc requests or day/night of the scheduled change. They must know in advance and accept. The Release Manager must coordinate all resources in advance…if the project requires them on the bridge during the change window, or in most cases available “on call”…for any urgent matters discovered during the change window – to eliminate to our best ability, any surprises — is part of our Release Managed Solution Delivery Mandate.
• University degree/college diploma or equivalent
• Key products and services, processes and controls for the designated business
• 5 -10 years of demonstrated Network Release Project Management experience delivering fault tolerant data and voice network infrastructure solutions – Hardware, Software, Services, and Support.
• Project Management Professional Certification is desired (but not required).
• Superior verbal and written communication skills are required.
Release Managers must possess the ability to work independently, be highly organized, team-oriented, project prioritization a must; assigning and tracking tasks to resources, creating release packages, facilitate team meetings, identify “as-risk” items – mitigating risk prior to release, updating projects status, key milestones, drive target timelines, line of business testing coordination pre and post change, go live support & transition, financial budget versus actual on all funded projects; and effectively direct or influence others and ensure that significant design issues and compliance challenges are resolved by engineering, deploy, SMEs, Vendor/Partners in a timely manner.
Working Knowledge, Skills, Experience – an understanding of the following is required:
– Cisco routers, Cisco switches; Checkpoint and Juniper Firewalls;
– Upgrading code and/or configuring 2960, 3650, 3750, 3800, 3900, 4500, 5Ks, 77Ks, N9Ks, or similar model switches.
– Upgrading code and/or configuring 1800, 2800, 3800, and ASR1000, ASR1002 or similar model routers.
– Upgrading Junos OS code and/or configuring SRX 345, 650, 1400/1500, or current models
– Knowledge familiarity with BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, L3-7 switching, HSRP, VoIP and Multicast
– Carrier / Telco WAN technologies / MPLS, SD-WAN, VPN, Point-to-Point, SONET, OC3, DS3, T1, PRI, POTS (experience is required)
– Understanding of Network Tools (SPACE, STRM, Tufin, Lotus Notes (WorkTrack), ServiceNow CHG MGT, etc.) and
– ITIL standards as they relate to incident/problem/change management concepts are desired.
– Weekly timesheet/progress reports, project portfolio updates, and timely escalations on project obstacles to management
– Must have good working knowledge of Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint, Office 365, Skype for Business, and Network Tools.