The Senior HR/Payroll Systems Developer plays a Critical role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. The Senior Developer’s role is to lead the efforts to plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to enhance the benefit of IT and Business investments.
- PeopleSoft HCM developer to perform application development, configuration and unit testing utilizing Oracle/PeopleSoft technology.
- Works with business, support, or development teams recommending system enhancements
- Responsible for maintaining, designing, developing, and supporting application solutions based on client requirements.
- Participate in development, integration, and deployment of solutions for Pages, Programs, or Interfaces etc.
- Responsible for creating technical design and specification of the solution.
- Hands-on development, Support and troubleshoot PeopleSoft HCM and other HR systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions
- Ensures that systems are properly integrated
- Consults across multiple Information Technology projects and technology areas to perform troubleshooting, problem management, root-cause analysis, and solution implementation
- Ensures consistency and coherence to the enterprise standards and guiding principles throughout the application lifecycle
- Stays on top of industry trends through benchmarking, participation in professional associations etc. in order to advise others of strategic technology direction
- Provides feedback to the enterprise technology owners and Architects regarding future solution needs
- Understands and applies the enterprise vision and strategy to the project solution while balancing tactical needs to deliver
- Demonstrate outstanding knowledge of application architecture and architecture constructs as it connects to the enterprise architecture
- Demonstrate proficiency in the application of development domain areas and multiple technologies and tool set
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education or training
- 5+ years of experience supporting PeopleSoft HCM and Payroll 5+ years of experience developing in PeopleTools Vers. 8.58+
- 5+ years of experience with Application Designer
- 5+ years of experience with Application Engine/PeopleCode development
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- Experience with Application Packages, SQR and PS Query
- DB2 and Mainframe experience