The Software Engineer will play a key role in the support and development of enterprise-wide applications with most of the focus being within the SalesForce environment supporting Nimble AMS. The Software Engineer is a critical member of the core team and will assist Project Managers in translating business needs into effective and scalable solutions within enterprise-wide applications. The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of customizations, applications, extensions, and integrations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, implements, and maintains Salesforce and Nimble AMS customizations, applications, extensions, and integrations (Nimble AMS managed package).
- Ensures all Salesforce product releases, system updates and best practices are delivered on time, within scope and within budget, adjusting for new customizations and integrations while sharing best practices and improving processes within the team.
- Manages the daily administration tasks, including data manipulation, data loading, merging of duplicate records, managing custom fields, objects, layouts, list views, security configuration, workflows, and overall system configuration.
- Manages complex data models and ensures changes in those models are scalable and efficient.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, packages and deploys quality, scalable and well documented solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Develops and maintains documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and assists in the creation of related materials for users as the application evolves.
- Coordinates release activities for all phases of delivery including but not limited to review of roadmap priorities, release scope, test planning, UAT signoff and production readiness.
- Organizes required activities associated with Salesforce’s three yearly releases including enhancement and fix review, Opt-in and Op-out and regression testing.
- Contributes to the workplace culture that is consistent with the association’s culture statement and emphasizes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Displays a high level of accountability, taking responsibility for individual actions and the impact on the organization. Views oneself as a reflection of the organization by following through on commitments and accepting ownership.
- Performs additional related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or similar discipline
- 4-6 years of experience working with Salesforce and databases to include: understanding structure, query languages, system relationships
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification (Salesforce Platform Developer II – Desired)
- Previous experience with managing, analyzing, and troubleshooting data related issues, in relation to reports and dashboards
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient with XML, SOAP, RESTful, and JSON.
- APEX Classes, Apex Triggers, Batch Apex, Schedule Classes, Visualforce pages
- Proficient in CSS3, HTML5, and client-side best practices
- Familiarity with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) with expertise in requirement gathering, analysis, design, and development and testing.
- Ability to translate business processes/requirements into technical specifications, applying system analysis techniques and procedures
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines using organizational skills
- Ability to communicate collaboratively with staff and external relationships
- Excellent logical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Salesforce Administrator and/or Business Analyst experience
- Previous Integration as a Service experience
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an exchange of information; collect, compile and prepare work documents; set-up and maintain work files. Use of the computer, with repetitive motion, is approximately 80%.
Majority of work is performed in a general office environment. Occasional travel may be required.< Back To All Jobs