This is a Senior Java role with some leadership thrown in. This role will work closely with leadership to help with the AWS migration. This manager plays an important role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. This person will be the technical lead and mentor to them for planning, design, development and launching of efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments. This individual should be experienced and self – sufficient in performing their responsibilities and be able to supervise a team of developers.
- Responsible for software development during the design/build phases of the SDLC
- Perform as technical lead on development projects
- Supervise a team of developers and vendors
- Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of development methodologies, software design and design patterns, integration standards as well as its applicability at coding and testing cycles
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Responsible for making sure in-progress builds follow the approved designs
- Perform coding and proper unit testing (including test class creations) for in progress changes and participate in peer review using Java
- Work with onshore team and Business
We value diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in design, development, documenting, testing, and debugging of new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use
- Experience developing application code and unit tests in Java, Spring (Boot, Data, Batch, Security)
- Strong object-oriented design skills and the ability to analyze requirements and transform into scalable software designs using patterns and standard processes
- Experience working as Manager or Technical Lead