Our Information and Technology Services Division has a full-time opening for a Senior UI Software Application Developer. This position performs application development related activities in accordance with defined business requirements to achieve desired results.
Analyze & Refine Requirements by reviewing assigned projects to determine if requirements are satisfactory, solution is feasible, and scope of work is aligned with ITS security standards. Resolve issues through DD advocates, escalating to DD Manager if necessary. Utilize expertise to recommend enhancements to original requirements that provide greater benefits or reduced costs.
Assist on work effort estimates and requirements gathering for the both Internal and External customers in order to create a project Statements of Work. Interview customers to develop complete functional specifications necessary in order to successfully complete the work.
Respond to production issues as they arise according severity (defined in the Production Incidents process) to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner and customer communication meets expectations. Potential off hours support may be required. Communicate barriers and delays to DD Manager and divisional Advocate.
Complete required project documentation to track project progress, create allocations, and understand prior development. On a daily basis, update project statuses. On a weekly basis, enter project work log notes and enter time spent. Upon project completion, update or create documentation of technical processes so another developer is able to make future changes.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, fine arts, or related field
· 5+ years of UI Designer with a strong portfolio of projects
· 5+ years application development experience
· Ability to document
· Aptitude to provide excellent customer service
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Strong judgment and decision-making skills
· Ability to learn new things quickly
· Perform unit testing and integration prior to completion
· Estimate work effort and manage deadlines
· Monitor and report on project progress
· Identify and recommend areas for UI improvement
· Create Design Standards
· Acrobat XD or comparable design tool
· Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator
· HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
· Responsive Web/Mobile Design
· BitBucket or comparable Version Control Software
· Knowledge of WordPress, Drupal, Shopping Cart software
HCL Notes development platform a plus