VP of Retail Operations
A growing coffee chain and franchise concept that plans to have expansive growth plans across Illinois. The company is committed to opening four to five locations this year, with all locations under construction to be completed in 2023. The company’s locations will have full-service kitchens and will focus on grab-and-go fresh, high-quality coffee and food. They want an active kitchen offering fresh options and products to its customers. The concept focuses on incorporating a drive-through, and most of the locations will be connected to a fuel center that is part of a larger retail complex. Some of the stores will be standalone stores in retail malls.
As the Vice President of Retail Operations, you will oversee running all the operations after the concept is launched. This professional will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of all locations, ensuring best in class customer service and operational excellence. This position will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for building a team of store managers that will report to this executive.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of all locations, delivering high-quality coffee & food with exceptional customer service.
- This professional will need to build and implement operational policies and procedures from the ground up for each location.
- Recruited, built and lead a high-performing teams of store managers, providing coaching and training to ensure success.
- Financials oversight for all stores, P&L responsibility and reporting to exceed revenue and profitability targets.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and implement a loyalty program and marketing strategies that will keep customers returning and drive sales growth.
- Develop and execute a franchising strategy that will enable the company to expand rapidly while maintaining its high standards of quality and service.
- Building a strong network with suppliers and vendors, negotiating favorable contracts and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services.
- Work closely with the CEO to identify and evaluate new business opportunities, including potential acquisitions or partnerships.
- Continuously monitor industry trends, market conditions to provide valuable insights and recommendations to impact growth strategy.
The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality management, culinary or a related field, with a master’s degree being a plus. This executive has a minimum of 10 years of experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry, with at least 5 years of experience in a senior leadership role overseeing multiple locations. This professional must be willing to work in an entrepreneurial environment and willing to roll up their sleeves to launch a chain from the ground up leveraging an the CEO’S serviced services back office from their other businesses. The successful candidate has a proven track record of driving revenue growth and profitability in a fast-paced, high-growth and launch of new retail stores. Must possess strong operational and financial acumen, with experience in budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis. Additionally, this professional has excellent leadership and people management skills, with a proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams. They possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders. The ideal candidate can thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Knowledge of the coffee industry and quick-service restaurants (QSRs) is a plus, as well as experience with franchising.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality management, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry, with at least 5 years of experience in a senior leadership role overseeing multiple locations.
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth and profitability in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Experience building a scalable and repeatable process that can be adopted at scale.
- Strong operational and financial acumen, with experience in budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with a track record of building and leading high-performing teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Prior experience with menu creation and product selection, inventory management, and merchandising.
- Knowledge of the coffee industry and quick-service restaurants (QSRs) is a plus.
- Experience with franchising
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in franchising, specifically with food and beverage concepts
- Knowledge of building and implementing marketing campaigns from scratch for the Food and Beverage industry.
- Experience in real estate site selection and lease negotiations