Needs deep experience in designing and implementing cloud native workloads. Needs to be an expert in Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, AWS CDK, etc.) Hybrid position – will need to be onsite occasionally (2-3 trips per quarter of approximately 3-5 days per trip) to participate in in-person events such as design sessions, hackathons, etc. They will support multiple initiatives such as the Ancillary Transfer, Ancillary Change, and Ancillary Refund. They will be responsible for system design of new features and platforms to ensure customers receive the ancillaries that they pay for through all the realities of our complex environment including IRROPS (plane swaps), schedule changes, etc. If we cannot deliver the product the customer paid for, we need to consistently refund customers proactively. They will need to regularly attend a 1:30pm to 2pm CST daily call for the Service MBT. Occasionally (hopefully rarely), they may be expected to respond and support any relevant major production incidents.
- Act as a liaison between horizontal mission based teams and the Ancillary Platform Organization which includes Merchandising, EMD, Receipting, and more.
- Oversee the systems solution and ensures that the solution aligns with business goals and processes.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, security, and performance of cloud native workloads.
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Focuses on establishing the best technology solution to meet a specific business need in their area of expertise.
- Formulate a design plan that factors technology investments and risks while providing value to the company by improving business processes and eliminating unnecessary complexities.
- Plans the technical requirements to transition a design into a working solution.
- Ensure that the design is installed, configured and documented correctly.
- Assists in recognizing and mitigating any risks to existing business processes or to the solution’s overall success.
- Needs deep experience in designing and implementing cloud native workloads.
- Needs to be an expert in Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, AWS CDK, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required.
- Any cloud provider’s Solution Architect “Expert/Professional” cert required.
- Any cloud provider’s Infrastructure Architect “Expert/Professional” cert required.
- Able to work with multiple computing platforms.
- Experience managing a project from start to finish.